This week, our church signed the papers to acquire the future site for Cross Church. Once the sale is finalized, these 26.7 acres located right along the frontage road of Highway 287 will eventually serve as the permanent home for NRHBC’s satellite campus. We are thrilled to have secured this spot, as so many individuals traveling along this busy highway will have easy access to our future church.
For those who are new to our church family, earlier in February, we provided a quick review of how NRHBC made the decision to start the second site. I encourage you to take time to read this short piece. By God’s grace, we were able to pay $1 million down toward the total land price of $3 million. Until we are ready for construction, we will be leasing the land for agricultural purposes, allowing us to maintain favorable tax rates with Tarrant County.
We are just six weeks away from the launch of Cross Church at Schluter Elementary, so permit me to explain where we go from here.
It is our aim to completely pay off the land along Highway 287 by February 14, 2016. While our loan is for four years, it is our aim to pay the remaining balance of $2 million in just two years. Let me say that again … our goal is to completely pay the remaining $2 million in just two years. While we have a favorable interest rate (5%), we want to own the land free and clear as soon as possible.
Once we own the land debt-free, we will be able to move forward with constructing a permanent building on the property, ultimately eliminating the need to setup and teardown equipment each week in the satellite location’s temporary meeting place (Schluter Elementary). This property along Highway 287 will give us a firm base to reach North Fort Worth for many years to come.
In order to accomplish this goal, we will continue our Better Together initiative. Any monies received for Better Together in 2014 are distributed to three areas:
To pay for the land mentioned above;
- To provide for the expenses (salaries and ministries) of Cross Church for its first year;
- To benefit local, national, and international missions efforts (i.e., church planting in Vancouver, mission opportunities in China, the T & D people in SE Asia, India, and beyond). For example, $300,000 of Better Together funds were given to other ministries and mission opportunities in first year alone. Much of this money was given through the North American Mission Board and the International Mission Board. We are excited to partner with these Southern Baptist mission entities.
Here is how you can be a part of this:
1. Continually pray for God’s hand upon this endeavor. By clicking on the link provided, you can learn about specific ways you can pray for this work.
2. Volunteer to serve in the ministries of NRHBC and Cross Church. Currently, this is our biggest need. We have devoted a great deal of attention to numerous ministry needs over the past two Sundays and I hope you will take time to consider this.
Many of our Sunday Morning Bible Study groups are volunteering to setup and teardown the equipment on a rotating basis.
3. Your regular gifts to Better Together will reduce our interest payments and the overall cost of the land. While our next big offering day isn’t until November, by giving weekly and monthly, your gifts will be placed toward the principal affording us the opportunity to eliminate potential interest dollars.
There are many ways you can give, including online, by mail, or in person. I encourage you to also remember us in your estate planning as our church has established foundation accounts to receive gifts.
Thank you for sharing in this opportunity to spread God’s love toward people who have yet to give their lives to Christ! We must work diligently to make God’s glory and His gospel know to this generation (John 9:4).